Tuesday 26 May 2015

Daily Face + Eyeliner Woes


Two things you should know:
Eyeliner will never be perfect on both eyes - this is a fact we have to live with
A compliment can change you entire day

For some reason, Tuesdays just aren't my day. Some people have issues with Monday, but for me its Tuesday that just doesn't happen for me. 

This morning as I was doing my makeup, everything was going great, I was on time and knew where all of my uni books were (not something that happens regularly) and then I was up to the last stage of my makeup - The eyeliner.

This basically sums up the feels I had about my makeup this morning. 
We've all had those moments when one line is thicker so you go back to even our the other eye and it just keeps getting worse from there? That happened to me this morning, not once but TWICE! I wanted to just give up and get back into bed, I could tell it was going to be one of those days. 

After having a fantastic run with the rest of my makeup the last step was eyeliner, for some reason, I could NOT get it right today. 


I was almost certain I'd end up leaving the house looking like this. (I was planning on wearing a nude lip too) However I was determined to not let the eyeliner win. On the third attempt I finally accepted that this was as good as it was gonna get. 

Instead of the nude lip, I decided to wear a bold red one. I wanted to feel empowered and in a good mood to take charge of my day - makeup makes me feel like that sometimes. It also went better against my monochromatic outfit. 

As I was getting of the bus today to go to uni, a woman stopped me and complimented me on the lip colour, she said that it suited me very well and that she wished she could wear red lips like that, but she felt too old to wear it. I told her that she should wear it if it makes her happy and she smiled and said she will. Its the little things like this that can just turn your day around. Shortly after getting off the bus a fight broke out right in front of me and I thought I was going to die. (Nothing serious, just fist fighting, but still, two metres away from my face - stay classy Adelaide) So from this, I knew it was going to be a give / take kind of day. 

After sitting through gruelling study and feeling sick to the stomach about classes, I had the last few hours of the day and I swear to god, the only way it was bearable was because I have class with my bestie. Honestly if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have gone. We were working on some of the questions together when she kind of stopped me abruptly and said how nice my eyes/eye make up was. (I'd told her all about my eyeliner trouble today too). To get a compliment like that after having such a shitty makeup application day actually made me feel great. We joked around about compliments and blushing etc the rest of the lesson but it was just really nice. (Especially coming from her, she's beautiful and always has her face done to perfection).

Before I bombard you with selfies of todays face I'd like to show you just some of the aftermath of the removal process. 

There were about 4 more cotton tips but there were too far gone in the bin for me to even consider getting them, these were just on the top, honey, lord knows whats in that beauty bin…


I tried to expertly carve out the eyeliner. Didn't work. 
Tried to 'smoke' it out. Didn't work. (Its liquid liner, this shit isn't going anywhere)
Ended up taking all the eye makeup off and re-doing it. /sigh.






Here is a few pics of todays makeup. With and without glasses. I haven't touched up any of the products today, that lipstick survive from 8am to after 5pm without budging. This pic was taking around 3:30pm after a full day of talking and I scoffed down a cup of wedges so YAY I love Australis Velour lips. 

And now on to a look at the products I used today.


Face:
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 HR Foundation: 100 Ivory
Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder: Natural
Savvy Natural Finish Pressed Powder (I used for contour): Tan
Savvy Classic Blush: Plum
Chi Chi Makeup Blending Sponge: Traditional with slanted top
Real Techniques: Multitask Brush
Nude by Nature: Kabuki Brush

Eyes:
Chi Chi Glamorous Eyeshadow Palette: Bronzes
- Shades 03 & 05
Bourjois Paris Liner Pinceau 16HR Liquid Liner
L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara: Black
Models Prefer: Double ended makeup brush

Lips:
Australis Cosmetics Velourlips: NY-CEE




Just a quick rambly post. Hope you enjoy. 

☆SOCIAL MEDIA☆
↠ Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠ Follow me on Bloglovin!: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠ Blogspot: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV
↠ Twitter: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠ Instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! X

0 comments:

Post a Comment