Sunday 10 May 2015

Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag!

Otherwise known as, "My Life"

So this may or may not come as a shock to you, but I procrastinate A LOT! (hence the name). I was minding my own business when my phone alerted me to a knew post going up from one of my beautiful friends and fellow beauty blogger Pastelsparkles. I read the title and instantly thought "yaaaaaaaahhhhhhhssssssss, this is my liiiifffffeeee" and then a few minutes later she tagged me in her post saying that I'd be perfect for it. Thanks babydoll, you know me so well! <3

(also, this post would have been up sooner, except I was procrastinating with the pic tile, ugh, what is my life?!)

So, lets get to it then, shall we?

Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
Ugh, this is probably the biggest sin you could commit in the beauty world, but, I am so shitty at taking my makeup off before bed. I love skin care, so when I'm in the mood to do it, I let loose, but the majority of the time, I''m in bed with my laptop editing and if I'm cosy, which I most likely am, I'll leave it until the morning and do a super good cleanse then. Majority of the time, I won't be able to sleep so I'll get up and have a shower to calm down and relax so I'll take it off then, but the reason for getting out of bed isn't to cleanse face, that just happens due to circumstance.

Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
As much as I want to say YES the answer is no. I'm looking at my beauty/makeup sponge now and I swear to god its crusty. I don't know what regularly is, but I spot clean my eye-makeup brushes kind of as I use them to change colours purely because I have a few favourites so I use them all the time, but as for a decent regular scrub, I'm rubbish at it, I'd probably go out and buy new brushes. Dear lord, I'm so bad at life.

How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Well, I do my nails regularly, and I have the rule that once the polish is off the majority of at least ONE nail, I'll take it off and maybe re paint them, depends on how much time I have or if I can be bothered filming it. (I do nail art on my YouTube and blog etc. I'm generally ok if it chips around the tips of my nails, but if it is at the base/cuticle of the nail, I find that I dislike that a lot. 

How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?
Honestly, not that long. This is something that I keep on top of, if I notice that I'm almost out of a foundation, liquid eyeliner or mascara I go and get a refill before the product is empty. These things I find I can't live without. I have about a million shades of champagne eyeshadow but only ever one liquid eyeliner - go figure. Also, it gives me an excuse to buy other things that I 'need'.

What is your worst beauty habit?
You mean besides not cleaning my face or brushes? Probably my need to complete sets. If I have a few products from the same line - Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks or the Australis Velourlips I'll make it a mission to get them all, even if I don't like a colour, the shade doesn't suit me or something like that, 9 times out of 10 I'll wear it regardless because I do what I want and wear what I want. I dress/do my makeup for myself and no one else, so thats kind of justifying it. It is however a bit of a money sucker. Buying products that I don't LOVE, just to complete the set. I'll keep doing it though. Chi Chi glamourous palettes are the current collection I'm gunning for. Help me makeup jesus. 

Also, brushing my hair, its naturally curly/wavy so my fellow frizzy babes will know that the struggle is real with this one. I get about two good days just letting it do what it wants, I've learnt that if I fight with it, it turns hostile. So once it gets bad, BOOM up in a bun you go my friend. 

Name something non beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Life? Everything? no, literally you underestimate my procrastination skills. My name is procrasticaitlan for a reason, I've showered 5 times in one day to put off doing something. I had an assignment to do, so instead I just sat and stared at the wall for an hour and a half daydreaming. I've re-arranged my spice rack because I didn't want to do the dishes once. 

When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
No. Time management is something I pride myself on - go figure. 
I leave it for the last thing I have to do though. I get everything else ready then sit and take my time with my makeup, during this time I plan everything else such as, outfits (usually I have an idea in my head anyway) transport, wondering where my keys are, what shoes to wear, should I eat now or wait until I return, should I mate my look to my outfit and match my outfit with my fiancés? yes. 

Can you commit to spending bans?
Yes, I'm a really good saver. Don't get me wrong I can splurge like theres no tomorrow, but I save money really well. I can set myself a 'no buy' for a month and in that month if there is something I 100% need, I'll get it, but otherwise I'm reasonably good, unless its something I've been wanting for a while, but usually when that happens, I've already put money aside for it anyway so I can justify it. I find that if you let yourself have little treats, you're more likely to stick to a 'spending ban'. Also, student life makes me stick to 'no buys' a lot. 

How organised are your make-up and nail polish collections?
Believe it or not, I organise things as a form of procrastination (hence the spice rack). I also like to make it look pretty and inviting. 9 times out of 10 I know where something is (the other time its probably in one of the numerous purses I take with me.
I'm currently re arranging and setting up a more permanent beauty vanity/organisation station so I can't wait for that to be finished. 

And thats it! These were the questions in the tag, those were my answers (please don't judge me) I'd love to know what you're beauty procrastination and dirty little secrets are, so please if you do this, tag me in it or link it in the comment section!

Hope you enjoyed reading and if you have any other tags for me to do, let me know!

☆SOCIAL MEDIA☆
↠ Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠ Follow me on Bloglovin!: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠ Blogspot: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV
↠ Twitter: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠ Instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! X


0 comments:

Post a Comment