Monday 24 November 2014

Perfect Summer Salad

Chicken and Sundried Tomato Salad
(chicken can be substituted or taken out for a vegetarian/vegan option)

Salad is great, however it gets boing if you don't mix it up every now and then. With this recipe you'll never be bored again!

This is one of my favourite things to make and with the quantities here you'll make enough to feed 4 - 6+ people. 



Ingredients
1 roast chicken - cooked - OR a portion of chicken per person
Sundried Tomatoes
1 Cucumber
1Capsicum
1 Red onion
1 Tomato
Salad Greens - I'm using baby spinach and mixed garden lettuce
Cashews - or any nut of your choice. 

Method:
As this is a salad, its pretty easy to put together. Step one - Chop everything!

Enjoyed arranging chopped vegetables way too much

Chop up all the vegies, and rip up the chicken or slice up your chicken if you've used chicken breasts etc - make sure you've pre cooked the chicken though. 

If you'd like, you can also roughly chop up the nuts - I just throw mine in whole



Throw all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix it up! I use oil from the sun dried tomatoes as a 'dressing' but add anything you prefer. Sweet chilli sauce goes very well with this. When I'm cooking chicken breast for this instead of using a roast chicken I cook it in a sweet chilli sauce marinade. 


Now all that is left to do is serve up a big bowl and enjoy! I have this for lunch a lot or sometimes for dinner if cooking something else seems like too much effort. 

Optional Extras:
You can add some Feta to the salad if you're a cheese lover
Grated carrot (I usually add this but we didn't have any)
Olives go great in this if you like them
Honestly - the options are endless!

I honestly hope you try this out. Its delicious and gets made a lot in my household - especially during the summer months!

Enjoy!
Bon Apetit! X

0 comments:

Post a Comment