Monday 6 October 2014

Bath Time Routine


So I haven't really posted something like this before, but I strangely get a lot of questions asking me about my 'bath' or 'shower' routine. While for me, shower time is mainly spent washing my hair etc, bath time is the time I take for myself for a little pamper. Something I think everyone should do at least weekly. I try to make every Thursday my 'pamper' day, and usually shower during the week, but on the odd occasion that I do have a bath, I still like it to be nice.  So this is my normal, non pamper bath routine.

The first thing I do when I run a bath is put in some kind of bathbomb, or bath salts, even some good old fashioned bubble bath!

Bath times for me can be quite lengthy so I like to have something in the water to make it smell delicious, and sometimes even benefit my skin!



Tonight I used these bath-salts I picked up from priceline. There was a huge box filled with these and bars of soap, I might go back and stock up on them because they were only $3 for a packet and they packaging is absolutely adorable!





The scent that I got is 'Vanilla and Fig' and honestly, it smells gorgeous. It comes with a little scoop. I put two scoops into my bath tonight and it made it smell delicious. The pack says for you to let it dissolve in the water before you get in, so that's what I did. Honestly, if you're friends with me, you might end up getting this for a birthday gift (Sarah B, I'm thinking of you) (; or maybe even a christmas thing. These make great stocking stuffers (yes, I'm thinking about christmas already)  so get on down and snatch them up while you can! I will be.



While that is dissolving in the bath, I like to put on a face mask. This is one for minimising pores. It smells like strawberry and yarrow. It feels so good on the skin. I have a few masks I interchange but this is my favourite for this week.

I put this on and then get into the bath, It says to leave on for 10ish minutes, I leave it on for the majority of the bath time, to make sure its all dry on my face.







Without further ado I can't go any longer without music. I'll just flick through my music on my phone and play that. I'm currently enjoying the new U2 album that magically showed up on my (and everyone else's) iPhone. I listened to some of that tonight, was quite enjoyable.

Its at this point I'll usually let some water out and put in some more hot water. Does anyone else do that? I can't stand sitting in lukewarm water. It makes me feel un clean like I have to start the whole process over again.

Now that the tunes are on, the face mask is setting and the bath is yet again hot, I can start the exfoliating section of the night can begin.


I have been loving the Sanctuary Spa Salt Body Scrub. I've mentioned it in my August favourites so go ahead and read that if you're interested in knowing about this product. It is SO GOOD! Or if you don't want to read watch it HERE HERE HERE HERE!  I highly recommend this product if you're looking for a new exfoliator. I scrub it into my skin, all over my body then let the oils sink in and enjoy the bath!
Now its been long enough, its time to take off my face mask. Usually I'd do it with warm water and a cloth, but because I am already in the bath, I use this. This is a gentle exfoliator from Olay Regenerist. I put it on the slower setting wet the brush and then remove the mask. Once that is done, I then use the cleanser and finish off the exfoliation process. It seems like a lot of work and harsh exfoliants, but honestly the brush head is so soft I use it every day and only for about 1 or 2 minutes in total. I can say, my skin is looking so much nicer since using this.

This is the last step of the in bath routine. Now I let the water out, dry myself off and finish off the simple routine. This is where it turns into more of my nightly routine. But I'll include it anyway.

Now that my face is all exfoliated and feeling quite smooth, I like to put some toner on a cotton pad and wipe it over my face. I use this to balance my face out and to remove any dead skin or mask residue that might still be on my face. I don't want my pores getting clogged back up again after all this work. This is an alcohol-fee toner by Neutrogena and it is for sensitive skin. Which I have. I love this, because it IS alcohol free it doesn't burn when it gets near my eye, I can wipe this over my eyelid and not have any dramas. Where as with other, my eyes start watering once I open the cap.

 The last step is a moisturising night cream. I am loving this one by Nivea at the moment, It is for dry and sensitive skin, which I most defiantly have. It is such a nice thick consistency, but doesn't feel heavy, and it has quite a nice fresh smell. I put this on five or so minutes before going to bed. Let it sink into my face and then hop into bed.

In the morning I use the day cream by Nivea. Its great, I wake up, wash my face, put it on then go have breakfast, by the time I've finished, it's time for makeup, but I'll leave that for another post.

Let me know if you have a certain bath time routine or any favourite bath products. I'd love to hear them.





0 comments:

Post a Comment