Tuesday 21 July 2015

Daily Glam #1

Face Of The Day:

So I've been wanting to start up a little series on my blog and YouTube  for a while now and I thought, why not now? I'm calling the series 'Daily Glam' (Original, right?). I wear makeup and get dolled up for me, I don't do it for anyone else, but I know some people who don't wear makeup because their partners don't like it or they think its 'too much' and thats fine, each to their own. These posts are for the people who want to embrace the glam into their daily life. Its just makeup and at the end of the day it washes off and each of these looks are totally customisable. So without any further blabbering on. I'll show you the products I used for todays glam look!



The face makeup is the same as usual - Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25hr Liquid Foundation in the shade 100 Ivory, Australis Cosmetics Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder in the shade Natural, Savvy Natural Finish Pressed Powder in the shade Tan (used for slight contour and warming up the face) and Essence SooGlow Cream to Powder Highlighter in the shade 20 Bright up your life. I didn't use a blush for this look I wanted the face to be really glowy and warm with 'natural' colour. (if you want blush go for it though)

The real glam is in the eyes. 

I used a mixture of the Chi Chi Bronzes Palette and the Chi Chi Mattes Palette and the Australis Metallix eyeshadow in 'Guns and Rose Petals' to get this look. 

I used my Essence 'I Love Stage' eyeshadow base all over the lid then applied my transition shade. Colour #9 from the Mattes palette. I then used colour #3 from the Bronzes palette in my inner third of the eye and colour #5 for my outer third. Then blended it all into the transition shade using a fluffy brush. 

In the centre of the lid, I applied (in small amounts) the Australis Metallix eyeshadow. I blended it into the edged of both shadows (inner and outer thirds of my eyes). When using this product, less is more! It is easy to add little bits at a time then to try and 'scrape' it off your eye. 

Because this product is a cream type product, it has a high chance of creasing. I like to set mine with shadow so it will last longer. I went over the inner third and outer third with the same shadows that I put down before and then blended all the edges out with a fluffy brush. 

For eyeliner, I used my all time favourite; the Bourjois 16 hour liquid liner. I did a thin(ish) line but winged it out a lot so it is visible once lashes are applied. (if you're not going all out with lashes then just do a wing you're comfortable with)

The mascara I used (before false lashes) is the Rimmel London Scandaleyes XXTREME. I've been really liking it lately and I think it does a great job at lengthening and adding volume. 

As I've said, this is a Daily Glam look. I am ok with wearing false lashes during the day (my lashes are quite short so it just looks like I'm using suuuuper good mascara) but if you don't want to, you don't have to, adding the lashes would totally transform this into a night time look and thats A-ok in my book!

The difference in lighting makes all the difference. Middle is from camera, outer two are from phone. 

So, I'm no selfie expert but here are some pics of the look. I love it and I wear it a lot! I'm in the market for some more lashes though, ones that really open up the eyes. 

For the lips I kept it really simple with a soft pink lipstick, another Rimmel product. It is a lippy from their Moisture Renew range in the colour 210 Fancy. Its a beautiful pink with gold shimmer. (sounds weird, but is absolutely gorgeous). But feel free to add whatever lippy makes you feel great!

After I filmed (yes there will be a tutorial) and started to write up the post, I put on my glasses but had a little issue…


So, maybe you'll be seeing a 'Lash Haul' post in the near future! 

Thanks for reading, let me know some of your favourite lashes and if you'd wear a look like this on the daily!

When I'm between posts, you can find me here:

☆SOCIAL MEDIA☆
↠ Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠ Follow me on Bloglovin!: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠ Blogspot: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV
↠ Twitter: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠ Instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! X

0 comments:

Post a Comment