Sunday 14 June 2015

May Favourites




After not having any April favourites I have quite a few May favourites. I did quite a bit of spending and I've found myself loving a heap of new (to me) products that I really want to share with you! 


I bought this blending sponge and instantly fell in love with it. I always use a sponge for my foundation and the one I used to have was just old and getting pretty ratty, so I decided to give this one a go. It cost me around the $5AUD mark and I'm so happy with it. I use it damp and it blends my makeup beautifully into my skin. There are 4 available by Chi Chi and they come in cute colours and a few different shapes too. If you're in the market for a new beauty sponge for your makeup, I can't recommend this enough!



This essence mascara is better than I thought it would be. I've recently been on a 'high end' mascara binge. I've been really into benefits mascaras - 'They're Real' and 'Roller Lash' but I picked up this one on the recommendation from my friend and I'm really enjoying it. For a volumising mascara it does a really good job at length as well. It does add volume to the lashes like it says it does. The brush is unique, the handle is easy to grip as the design on it is rubberised and fits quite nicely in the hand. I didn't like it at first, but like with most mascaras they work better after they've been open for a week or so. After the impromptu waiting period I used it again and I've been loving it ever since. It doesn't make my eyes water or anything either like a lot of mascaras do. I love this, its under $5AUD and I will be recommending it to everyone!



(Sorry for the dark photo). Now to be honest I don't usually prime my eyes, I don't find that I need to. I have dry to normal skin and my lids aren't that oily. I usually wear it if I want the shadows to really stand out with colour. When it comes to this primer, I've been using it for years, I did stage makeup in highschool and I used this when it was a 'new' product. I use it for whenever I need to prime my eyes and I've been doing that more lately as I've been experimenting with different types of eye products that require priming. I really like it, its affordable and I recommend it if you're in the market for a great eye primer!


I have been loving this Bronzes palette by Chi Chi. You can clearly see that the fifth colour along has been used a heap! I use this palette for every day looks and even some evening glam, its perfect for the warmer and cooler months its a real 'all rounder' If you're going to get any of the Chi Chi palettes get this one. (and the Mattes) but this one. 




I've been really into the neutral lip lately, which is strange because I love rocking the dark, bold lip in the cooler months. But the lip liner pencil by essence in shade: 11 - in the nude - and the lipstick by Rimmel in the shade: 'Notting Hill Nude' are one of my favourite combinations. They compliment each other so well and are the perfect nudey pink/brown lip colour which is super on trend at the moment. These products are great together, or on their own. I love the moisture renew line of lipsticks by Rimmel and I really recommend this combo! 


Back to eye products! This is one of the Metallix eyeshadows by Australis. They're new to the market and I think they're great. They do take a little work to get them to not crease (hence the use of the eye primer). I'll be putting out a few posts and vids on how I get these to work for me. 
This one pictured is one of (if not my favourite) the six. Its in the shade 'Guns and rose petals'. Adorable name, beautiful colour and its one of the most beautiful eye products. It gives off that really on trend "foiled" look that I think a lot of people will be after. Best applied with finger or I use a lip brush for precision. At $8.95AUD why wouldn't you get them?!


And last but not least, at the end of the day when you wanna take all these products off your face, use this stuff! Its great for the eye area (I sometimes use it as an all over face makeup remover). Its gentle, does not irritate me, AND it gets everything off. Like everything. This was one of the first brands of makeup remover I ever used and I've been re-purchasing it for years. Simple is a super affordable brand with products that actually work. I really suggest you check them out!



These were my favourites of the month of MAY! Hope you enjoyed, be sure to check out the video so you can hear me rave all about them!

When I'm not blogging, you can find me here:

☆SOCIAL MEDIA☆
↠ Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠ Follow me on Bloglovin!: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠ Blogspot: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV
↠ Twitter: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠ Instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment