Monday 6 April 2015

Priceline 40% Off Cosmetics Sale

Its the most wonderful time, of the year….

Priceline had another one of their 40% off cosmetics and I picked up a few things! If reading isn't for you, watch it here (:
But if you'd like to stay and read some more in depth thoughts or look at some nice pictures, welcome to my blog. 

I'm including in this "haul" post two other items that I picked up outside of the sale - literally three days before. I didn't know there was going to be a sale, if I did, I would have waited to get these items. So I'll start off with those.



First product is this bad boy - this is L'Oreal True Match foundation in R3-C3 Rose Beige. 
I bought is as a repurchase, it is one of my favourite foundations. I find the formula to be really good and it has quite a healthy look on the skin. I recommend this foundation (in your colour obviously) to
anyone. I'm keen to try out the 'True Match Lumi' as its meant to be aimed at dry skin, which is what I have! But that doesn't mean you aren't able to use the regular one. (:




Next product is one of my favourite powders for foundation or just to set - its the Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder. This is a powder foundation not a translucent setting powder (the only reason I make the distinction is that Australis have a separate setting powder). This is in the shade 'Natural' and I will be honest, I have so much love for Australis
Cosmetics, I've been using this product for at least 5 years but their colour range is not that great (yet - I say yet because I hope they're expanding). It is very much aimed at someone with a slight tan and onwards. I have quite pale skin but my face tans easily and I can pull off the lightest shade. That aside, this product is so nice and doesn't flake against my dry skin it sets my foundation and because it is a powder foundation it gives off an extra bit of coverage. This is such a great product and I think everyone should look into Australis Cosmetics.



On to the new products! The first one is a powder that I bought solely for the purpose of a contour shade. It is a powder by Savvy, the 'Natural Finish Pressed Powder' in the shade 'Tan'. I've used a heap of Savvy products before and I love their blushes so I thought why not give this a go. I still of course love and use my Australis Contouring kit, but I wanted to mix it up a bit and try this. I might try this powder also for 'body contouring' aka collar bone definition etc. Maybe.. The few times I've used this powder I've been really happy with the result. (:



Now we start the list of lip products. All up I purchased seven. It seems a bit much, but they only came from three different brands. So I guess thats not so bad?



Lip swatch and product packaging. 
The first of these is one of the new Maybelline 'Colour Drama' Lip pencils. I originally had my heart set on getting three of these, but two of the other colours I wanted were already sold out. Before I had even tested it, I knew I wanted to go back and get (at least) the others that I had my eye on, but now after having used it and experienced it I want to get them all. The formula is so creamy but not slippery. It stays for a long time on the lips and the application is so effortless and precise - great for beginners. I got it in the colour 410 - Fab Orange. It is a rich orange colour almost a red in some lights but when looking up close you can clearly see it is an orange. I think it would suit most skin tones and eye colours and would look stunning on someone with blue eyes.


Lip swatch and product packaging. 
The next product is from one of my favourite lines of lipsticks. It is one of the new additions to the Rimmel Moisture Renew range. They've come out with two new colours and I'm now on the hunt for the second one. I snagged up this one as soon as I saw it. It is in the colour '380 - Dark Night Waterl-Oops!' Now, I don't quite understand the name, but I understand that I am in love with the colour. It is a dark purple with warm undertones. Basically my favourite colour in the world. The colour pay off has some slight browny/plum hints and is perfect for the cooler months. The swatch picture I have is not quite true to colour the lighting was bad when I took the photo, so I do apologise for that. But if you like these lipsticks and love purple tones, go down to your local Priceline and swatch it.

Now finally on to the next lot of products. It is no secret that I like products by Australis, it is also not a secret that I love the 'Velourlips' range. So when I found out that they were coming out with five new shades and three of those shades were dark colours, I couldn't wait. So I purchased the five new additions to the range and couldn't be happier. The shades are:

Lip swatch and product packaging. 
Roma.
Standard 'bubblegum pink'. This one was a bit difficult to apply kind of 'chalky' but once you've applied it and know how the product works I think the finished result is fine. It is quite wearable too. I'm not often fond of bright pinks like this, but I think it has the right amount of pigmentation to make it work. It did settle into the lines of my lips a bit though, to be honest I don't really care, because my lips aren't super dry but I can see how that would be an issue for some people. This is very similar to other shades in the range so if you're not looking to 'double up' on any, you should swatch the pinks against each other and choose your favourite.



Lip swatch and product packaging.
Bar-Tha-Lona
Also similar to a shade already in the range but different in its own right. I found this a bit difficult to apply also, not due to pigmentation, that was perfect, the product just seemed a bit thicker and dryer than the others, I'm not sure if I got a bad one or what… Also another thing is the smell of this one in particular is different. I really like the smell of the whole Velourlips range but this one had an extra scent that was a little un pleasant. It wasn't bad enough for me to hate on anything, it was just a bit noticeable when putting it on. Once it was on the lips, I couldn't notice. I adore this shade I think it is gorgeous.


Lip swatch and product packaging.
Shang-Hi
This applies perfectly, not thicker or dryer, no chalky colour pay off and the scent is just like the originals. I love this. Its a nice rosey berry colour. Wearable all year round I think. This was one of the colours I knew I'd love. Its one of the first I grabbed. I think it would suite a lot of different skin tones and just in general is a fun colour.
The colour in the tube is a little darker than what it comes out like, but only just, the tube it looks more magenta and when applied its more of a fuchsia.
It will be getting a lot of lip time I can assure you of that.


Lip swatch and product packaging.
Buda-Pash
Easily a lot of peoples favourite. This is a very brown toned red. Perfect for Autumn. It would suit a lot of skin tones, however I find it looks stunning against pale skin as it makes the lips really stand out. (Finally a win for us albinos!)

The colour in the tube looks a bit scary, but once applied you see its not such a 'chocolate brown' its one of those dark 'oxblood' red tones that are super on trend. This was one I didn't think I'd wear that much, but now I've seen it, I can see myself gravitating towards this, especially in Autumn.



Lip swatch and product packaging.
Doo-Bai
If 'Shang-Hi' and 'Buda-Pash' had a baby, this would be the result. It is dark enough for that 'oxblood' feel but also has warm undertones of the magenta. This is my favourite colour of the new releases. I think it looks great against my skin tone. It goes with the colour of my eyes and makes my natural flushed cheeks look lovely. I've gotten so many compliments every time I wear this colour. It makes the shape of my lips look more plump especially my top lip which is quite thin with quite a defined cupids bow. I find that with this colour it just rounds everything out nicely and looks great. If you're looking for a dark lip colour this Autumn, please get this one. <3


So here you go, this is what I got in the Priceline 40% Off Cosmetics Sale. It wasn't a huge amount but I am already loving what I got. Comment down below what you got in the sale or what I should get next time. Thanks for reading.


Feel free to follow elsewhere!

☆SOCIAL MEDIA☆
↠ Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠ Follow me on Bloglovin!: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠ Blogspot: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV
↠ Twitter: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠ Instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! X




0 comments:

Post a Comment