Tuesday 14 April 2015

March Favourites

Products that I've used and loved in the month of March


Now if you've been reading my posts you'll know that I did some travelling during March. Some of these products are what I took with me and used and loved and continued to use when I returned, and some are old favourites that I've fallen back in love with, whilst some are brand new purchases that I've had an instant obsession with. If you'd like to watch my review, easy does it, I'll link it here.



 Head on over to it and leave me a comment that says you got there via my blog. 

If you'd like to read about the products, then you're in the right place. 



Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation.  I took this foundation away with me purely because it had plastic packaging and no pump that could be broken or cause leaking. I'm glad I did. I really like this foundation. It has a light to medium coverage that is easily build-able. I have the colour - 081 Fair Ivory - and to be honest it is a little light for me (not something I encounter frequently) however it matches my neck and jawline really well, its just the centre of my face where it is naturally tanned that it looks a bit pale, however with a setting powder foundation in my skin tone it is easily fixed and gives off a flawless finish. This foundation can be a bit drying (I'm guessing because it is a matte finish) but for those of you with oily skin, you might like this one, my face is like the Simpson desert so I usually have a moisturiser on underneath it and with that I don't have a problem. There seemed to be an ok colour range. If you're in the market for a new matte foundation, you might want to give this a go. 


Maybelline New York: Eye Studio Eyeshadow Quad: 05 Give Me Gold. 
I have had this product (and a few like it) for a few years and this is one that I've repurchased many times because I love it so much and I'm always out to recommend it. 
If you watch the video of my favourites, you'll see how I did my makeup using just this quad and the brush. 
The shadows blend well, there is some fall out but if you're careful then there won't be any. The shades in this quad are all shimmer / glitter shades. The orange gold colour reminds me a lot of the colour 'Halfbaked' by Urban Decay.

Real Techniques: Domed Shadow Brush
I've used this brush like I would any other makeup brush, however when I went away this was the only eye brush I took with me and it did the job! It didn't matter if I was pressing shadows onto my eyelid or blending them into my crease, this brush did it all. The brush is soft, yet dense so it really packs the colour onto the lid. The shape of it makes it great for getting into the crease. 



Australis Velourlips: Doo-Bai
It is no secret that these lip products are one of my favourites ever. If you've read or seen my Priceline haul post/video you'll know that I have instant love for this - one of the new shades in the collection. Basically I've been wearing it since I purchased it. I think it is the perfect shade for Autumn. The formula glides onto the lip effortlessly and dries to a matte finish almost instantly. They're long wearing and have great colour payoff. There is an almost berry scent to all of these, but I don't find it unpleasant, I actually quite like it. If you wear this lip product you'll be at ease the whole day not needing to worry about reapplying. I recommend this entire range but especially this colour. 



Sally Hansen Diamond Strength: Save the Date
I think I've mentioned this product on my blog before - but I don't think its been in a favourite. This is another one of the products I've fallen back in love with because it is finally seasonally appropriate to wear it again! Please excuse the state of my nails, I've been wearing this for two weeks now and only now has it started to show signs of wear and tear. The formula is fantastic you could even get away with just one coat, the colour payoff is that good. 

The finish to this polish is beautiful. The metallic shimmer catches the light and I am often asked what polish I'm wearing. I love Sally Hansen polishes and I'm excited to keep wearing this in Autumn!


So that was it, short but sweet these are the products I was obsessing over in March and well into April. Let me know what products you've been loving, in hopes that I try them and fall in love with them too!

Feel free to follow elsewhere!

☆SOCIAL MEDIA☆
↠ Subscribe to my Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR
↠ Follow me on Bloglovin!: http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ
↠ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE
↠ Blogspot: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV
↠ Twitter: http://bit.ly/12jkaec
↠ Instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! X



0 comments:

Post a Comment