Thursday 6 August 2015

Dry Skin Saviours!

Neutrogena: Hydro Boost.

Like I need another reason to go into Priceline, right? I picked up these two moisturisers that I've been eyeing off for a while. I saw the 'Hydroboost' range when they first came into Priceline but told myself I had to wait until my bank account was ready. (Yay discipline) I picked up a day cream and a night cream. Those are my favourite products to use as they're low maintenance! However, there are two other products in the Hydroboost range that were sold out when I was shopping that I'm quite interested in getting. ANYWAY! Lets get to the product and why I like it!

Back Story: I have dry skin. I suffer from the occasional breakout (hormonal or bad food etc, but not a great deal) and some redness but other than that my skin is ok. Its just super dry. I combat this with moisturisers and they've been working in the past but I noticed that a lot of my skincare is actually by Neutrogena and I thought why not go pokemon on this and catch them all? So I decided to pick up these!


I love packaging of skin care! Its so cute, but chic and classy. The jars are simple and are really pretty shades of blue. They look lovely on my bathroom vanity. Inside each jar is a plastic cap/protector which I think is nice, it has a little 'handle' so you can easily remove it. 

Water Gel: This is what I'm using as a 'daily moisturiser'. 

"With innovative Progressive Release System, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel continuously releases moisture for a full 24 hours. Its light-weight gel cream formula with Hyaluronic acid and Olive extract doubles your moisture levels in just 1 hour, for soft supple skin with a healthy looking radiant glow."

So basically there are a lot of long words in that little passage but that is whats written on the box, but I gotta tell ya, they're on to something. It also says to 'apply generously and evenly over the face and neck daily after cleansing.' So thats what I do. I cleanse my face etc in the morning and then slap a good amount of this on. It soaks into the skin so nicely. It doesn't feel like there is a film on your face and it doesn't go sticky or tacky either. I honestly think it does double the moisture in the skin within the first hour and keeps working for a full 24 hours. It brings life back to the skin with a natural, healthy looking 'glow from within' vibe.

Night Concentrate: This is what I put on my face right before bed!

"As skin cells renew at night, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Night Concentrate is specially formulated with Progressive Release System to continuously release intense moisture as you sleep. Vitamin E enriched beads combined with Hyraluronic Acid, Olive Extract and Iconic Mineral complex help to enhance skin texture and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, so you wake up to amazingly hydrated, soft and supple skin."

Much like the day gel/cream this has a lot of big words and claims to do a lot. I don't really have 'fine lines' (that I'm aware of, if you see some, don't point them out, ignorance is bliss) but I do believe this would help with them! Once I put this on of a night time (this also says to apply nightly after cleansing) my skin soaks it up and loves it! It doesn't feel sticky or anything and it doesn't wipe off or transfer on to my pillows or anything which I'm happy about. The thing I care about the most is that when I wake up my skin feels so soft, smooth and plump? if thats a good adjective. 



The product itself is really nice. The Water Gel (day cream/gel) has a blue look to it but it applies clear. It feels so nice so apply to the face. It feels cooling in a way, I can't wait until its summer to feel how refreshing this is. 

The Night Concentrate is more creamy than the Water Gel, but the feel equally as smooth and nourishing to the skin. The small blue beads in the Night cream aren't hard at all, (like you'd find in some exfoliators) they melt into the skin without leaving any blue residue. 

There is a smell to this product, it smells like faux cherry… like the medicine you had as a child or cherry starburst (thats what I think anyway) but it doesn't linger for long and I don't mind it so its not even an issue for me. 

Both of these are: Dermatologist tested Allergy tested, Oil-free and Non-Comedogenic. 

Final Thoughts: I've been using these for about a two months now and I'm loving them. I've had no reactions, my skin looks radiant, even under makeup - oh and makeup applies so beautifully over the top of the daily gel. The main problem area I had for makeup was my nose and my foundation applies so nicely over the top now. It feels nice to have a 'dewy/glowy' look to my skin when usually it was just dry and almost flakey. I think I might even start using 'Matte Foundations' and see how my skin looks/feels using the Hydroboost before application!


Thanks for reading! If you have dry skin and dry these products, let me know how you like them, or if you have any suggestions for your fave products leave them in the comments, I'd love to try them! 

 When I'm between posts, you can: 

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cv9bTR

Follow me on Bloglovin': http://bit.ly/1rQGeYZ

Like my Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/12knMvE

Follow me on Blogger: http://bit.ly/1CAooxV

Tweet me: http://bit.ly/12jkaec

Stalk my instagram: http://bit.ly/1DGzZue

Ciao! X

1 comments:

  1. Der Artikel wurde zu einem großen und gab mir sehr hilfreich! Vielleicht kann ich mit meinen eigenen Artikel auch einige Menschen zu helfen, zum Beispiel, haben eine neue Haut entdeckt zu schützen Produkt namens Ultra-Hydroface und schrieb einen Artikel darüber. Klicken Sie auf den Link und Sie dies durch die Zeit zu lesen mögen!
    Hydroface
    Hydroface Erfahrung

    ReplyDelete