Thursday 5 March 2015

Flight day and First day!

Background: The reason for this little cruise and holiday: It is my mothers' partner Lindsay's birthday this week, and they are going on a cruise around some of aisa with his two sisters (and their husbands) and his mother and her partner. We (Kris and I) were also extended an invitation along with a few other people etc, and we decided that we'd go, because… why not?

Our flight out of Adelaide was for approx 12:00pm which meant I had all morning to freak out and think I've forgotten everything. My sister and her boyfriend picked us (Kris and I) up in the morning early enough for us to get to the airport at 10ish, so we could check in get out stuff sorted and then fill out a few customs forms. We went through one of many checkpoints of scanning and metal detectors wherein which I was randomly explosive tested. That was fun.
 -_-

We met up with my mum and Lindsay (her partner) once we'd checked our luggage. To my surprise my brother had come along for the ride to see us all (Kris, mum, Lindsay and I) off. 

As a snack we had a doughnut. Mine was cookies and cream and it was delicious. I highly recommend 'Delicious Doughnuts' if you're ever at Adelaide airport. Yum!

Soon enough it came time to go through customs and say goodbye to our entourage. I always panic when I have to go through a metal detector or something like that because I think I've forgotten how to do life and think I'll just leave my phone or something in my pocket, set off the alarm, panic, run and then become black listed from travel.

When we finally made it through. We met up with the entourage again, however they were on the other side of a big glass divider. This is when we spent out final moments snap chatting and saying our goodbyes until we were promptly called to take our spot in line and board the plane. I was starting to get super excited now. My nervousness isn't about flying. It's about being late. Now there is nothing more that has to be done. Except get on board and sit for approx 6.5 hours. Awesome. 

Pre flight selfie & Bonnie's artistic talent. 

Once on the plane, Kris and I get to our seats then get as comfy as possible. I got the window seat and Kris got aisle. Mum and Lindsay are a few rows opposite us. But still in waving distance.
Last snapchat sent from Adelaide. The caption says it all. Haha. 

I'm excited for this flight. Because most of the long distance flying I've done has been at night or I've not had window seat. Here are some snaps from my flight!
This photo looks like it's from a magazine. 

On board and tired. But only two more hours to go!

Some form of civilisation underneath us. I have no idea where we are. Haha

So far I've watched 'Whiplash' and 'Paddington' they're great movies. 

The plane food isn't that bad. Lunch was pretty good. I has fish with mushroom rice. It was really good. Kris had the beef in thyme sauce with mash potato. It looked an smelled good. I forgot to take a photo of that meal. But I got one of the next one! This time we had quiche! And omg it was actually so delicious. It may not look like much but it was some if the best damn quiche I've had. 
It was a decent portion size too. 
There was a tiny amount of turbulence during eating time. But I don't really get worried by it and it was so mild. 
Instead of watching another movie. Kris and I played some of the multi-player games. 


I don't know the reason behind this but it seems Kris is some sort of a commodity? I hope for a Simpsons 'Mr Sparkle' situation and Kris is actually a celebrity. 

So fast forward to now. We landed in Singapore hopped in a taxi to our hotel (it wasn't that far) where we met up with Lindsay's sister and her husband (also going on the cruise). 

We checked into our room and then had an hour to just chillax and freshen up because Lindsay's sister had organised our entertainment for the night... NIGHT SAFARI! 

The logo for the night safari is a pair of cat eyes. Which I think is kinda cute.

A coach picked us up from our hotel and took us to the meeting point. We went all through the city and got to see some of the incredible buildings and also some of the china town area. Then we were on our way to the safari park! Shanghai has a separate zoo, lake safari and a night safari. The first two are day time attractions and the last (obviously) is a night time one. I tried to film some but I couldn't take many photos because strictly no flash as it would harm the animals eyes as they're nocturnal etc. and we didn't want to startle them because the majority of the safari is in an open vehicle and there were no fences on the animal enclosures. They were free to roam about which worried me especially when we went past the lions and heyenas. But I'm sure how their enclosures were set up, they couldn't get out or anything. Going past the elephants was amazing. One was less than two metres away and I wanted to have an ET moment with my hand and it's trunk but we weren't allowed to touch.  

After the safari part was done. We went an explored the rest of the park. It was all lit up with lanterns and fairy lights and it was beautiful. I felt like I was in the market place in Aladdin!

We got some food and then while we were eating there was a fire breathing / twirling show. That was pretty cool. After all that we had approximately half an our left so we went around to all the shops and stalls etc. whenever kris and I go to an animal park be it a zoo or wild life sanctuary or aquarium we always buy a little fur baby souvenir. (Our fur baby family is getting quite large). On the safari our favourite animals to see were the wolves. But sadly they didn't have a plush wild toy which I was a little bit sad about. But instead, we saw these really cute heyenas and I instantly named it. His name is 'Moe' because of his little moehawk. 


And on that cuddly note. I'm gonna call it. This has been a fantastic first day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment