Wednesday 27 August 2014

Mini Make-up Review

Spring is in the air!


We're in the last week of Winter here in Australia and the weather is finally starting to warm up and the sun is coming out. This means Spring is well and truly on the way! 

Spring greets us with warmer days, sunny skies and in my case a runny nose, itchy eyes and hay-fever, BUT I will not let that stop me from feeling pretty!

While its time to (sadly) trade out the plums for the pinks, the deep reds for the fun oranges, (keep them for a rainy day) here are two products that I've been loving that help me get in the mood for Spring!

Rimmel Moisture Renew - 210 - Fancy: Packaging and Swatch
The first product is a Lipstick and its from Rimmel, its part of their Moisture Renew range and I have some lippys in this range already and I love them. However, they're plums and deep reds...so I hereby introduce you to my newest colour in my collection, it helps me feel... FANCY!


Colour 210 - Fancy. Its a gorgeous baby pink/dusty rose colour that has slight specks of shimmer/glitter. Usually I'm a matte gal and I'm not a big fan of glittery or even frosted or shimmer finishes, but this is just so sweet and subtle I couldn't say 'no'. I picked it up at Priceline for $13.95 which I think is reasonably priced. I love Rimmel Lipsticks and you get great wear out of them. I only had to touch up once during the day and that was after I'd just downed a 6inch BMT from Subway. So I think that's pretty good.

Physicians Formula Blush: Packaging and Swatch
The second product is a blush. Now normally I either don't wear it (my cheeks are naturally flushed all the time anyway) or I'm not really fussed by it, but I saw this one and I'd been eyeing it off for a while so I thought I'd finally purchase it. It is the Powder Palette - Mineral Glow Pearls Blush by Physicians Formula.

I have a few items by Physicians Formula, but for me, they can be a little on the pricier side, so when I purchase something from them, it has to be worth it. As I mentioned I had been eyeing it off for some time, every time I walk into Priceline I'd swatch it, so I finally decided to purchase it (I also had some membership coupons - so that helped me decide). The price is $21.95 but I have to say, It is totally worth it. It is an absolutely gorgeous colour and it stays all day. There are two colours to choose from, 'Natural Pearl' and 'Rose Pearl' - I opted for natural because I already have quite flushed cheeks. 

Secret Compartment: Mirror and Brush
I also want to mention the packaging of this, it is adorable! The product is Mineral Glow Pearl Blush and on the top of the case/lid it has a little pearl detail which makes me think of opening a clam shell with pearls in it because I just really want to be The Little Mermaid. The compact actually has a secret compartment and comes with a little brush and mirror - so this product is great for putting in your purse for daily use, touch ups, and fantastic travel size!


Because this is one of the blushes with mixed tones it looks very natural, it has just the right amount

of shimmer to it so it doesn't make you look like you're ready for a 'cheer comp'.

This product also doesn't go 'cakey' - not on my skin anyway - I have quite dry skin, because of this I choose cream products so my skin doesn't look scaly and flaky, but this product doesn't do that. Its the perfect pinched cheek pink that says 'flirty'.

Left: Blush - Right: Lipstick
Left: Blush - Right: Lipstick


I like to pair these two products together. I find they really compliment each other. These will probably be some of my 'go-to' products for the warmer months - (until the rainy day and I can bust out a plum again)

Another thing that I love about these two products, is that depending on your skin tone, the colours enhance your natural glow. In the photo on the left, my skin there is quite pale, and the colours show up pink and perky, whilst in the swatch set on the right, I placed the products on my arm where there is more of a 'tan', this made the colours show up a bit more bronzy but still with a nice peachy pink undertone. The colours adapt to your skin tone and look natural under different lights. I'll finish this post of with a shameless selfie of me wearing them together. I love this combo and I hope you do to. I 100% recommend these products and hope you try them out too! Get ready for Spring! 

The products look so natural and enhance your skin!
Powder Palette®Mineral Glow Pearls Blush
Powder Palette®Mineral Glow Pearls Blush
Powder Palette®Mineral Glow Pearls Blush
Powder Palette®Mineral Glow Pearls Blush

0 comments:

Post a Comment